The main objective of the Slovenian business delegation to EXPO 2020 Dubai is to promote top notch innovative solutions in the field of wood and furniture products for achieving significant, multiple environmental and economic benefits for a circular economy and green recovery as well.
We kindly invite you to our national pavilion to meet 34 Slovenian innovative and green companies and institutions which influence the world today and tomorrow, exchange ideas and set the stage for future cooperation.
AGENDA of the business forum
14.30 - 16.00 Slovenia Business Forum
- Welcome Addresses:
- Matic Volk, Commissioner General of the Republic of Slovenia for EXPO 2020 Dubai
- Simona Kustec, Ph.D., Minister, Ministry of Education, Science and Sport of the Republic of Slovenia
- Ladeja G. Košir, European Circular Economy Stakeholder Platform Chair
- Keynote Speeches:
- Kestutis Sadauskas, Director DG ENV, European Commission - Wood - fit for 55 (video message)
- Prof. Dr. Miha Humar, University of Ljubljana, Biotechnical Faculty - Circular Economy Practices, future trends and perspectives in the wood industry
- Panel discussion "Wood, design, construction":
- Franc Bogovič, Member of the European Parliament (video message)
- Andrej Čuš, State Secretary, Ministry of Economic Development and Technology of the Republic of Slovenia
- Prof. dr. Jacqueline Cramer - Utrecht Sustainability Institute at Utrecht University
- Jure Kotnik, Architect
- Barbara Šubic, Company M Sora
16:00 pm - 17:30 Introduction of Slovenian business representatives and moderated business networking, moderated by Ladeja Godina Košir, Circular Change & ECESP
Welcome to watch forum Showcasing Europe's excellence in the circular economy - Sustainable living and wood - Fit for 55 - LIVE!
A CATALOGUE of SLOVENIAN COMPANIES attending the business forum.
An INVITATION to the business forum.
REGISTER to the business forum.
Date: 17 January 2022
Venue: Slovenia Pavilion, Sustainability District, EXPO, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
More information: Slovenia at EXPO 2020